Answered By: Bob Glass Last Updated: Sep 04, 2018 Views: 31
APA Style Central (ASC) provides teaching and learning resources to guide students, faculty, and researchers through all the stages of researching, writing, and research papers and citations in psychology and the other social sciences. Included are tutorials, paper-writing templates, style manuals, and journal publication information. More information on APA Style Central's resources can be here.
To use APA Style Central (ASC) fully, especially from within Canvas, students and faculty must first create a personal account at the APA Style Central website. Here's how you do that:
To create an account, you should be using a computer that is on the network at either of the College's campuses. Or if you're off-campus, you must use the following link and be identified by Ezproxy as a Piedmont College user. If you're off-campus, you cannot go to directly to the ASC website and start account creation there.
- Once you've identified yourself to Ezproxy with your single sign-on username and password (or not, if you're on-campus and therefore already identified), Ezproxy will pass you on to APA Style Central.
- When ASC opens, look at the upper right of the screen. Click on Welcome and then click on Log In.
- At the next page, look underneath Log in with your APA Style CENTRAL Account and you'll see a Create an Account link. Click that one.
- On the profile creation page, the required fields are first name, last name, email, and username and password. Use Only a Piedmont College email in the email field to create your account.
- The Library suggests that you choose your College email as your username, but that's your choice. Your ASC password is also your choice, but the Library suggests using your single sign-on password, for your own convenience.
- You do not need to provide any other information requested on the account creation form.
- Do Not use the Log In with Google choice; doing so may give Google the ability to monitor your activity when using ASC.
- Click Save and you have created your APA Style Central account.
- With your account created, you can link to ASC from the links embedded in the Library's Online Research pages, any of the Library Guides, and you will be able to access embedded ASC materials from within Canvas.
FACULTY, when writing the APA Style Central link into a document or embedding a link to the service in a Canvas page or any other webpage, you should use the link shown above and no other form of it.
If you would like to embed an ASC page or module directly into Canvas, please contact one of the Library's staff for help doing so.